Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Hello, 

Today, technology is an important subject. I chose to take podcasts about the children with the technology. I chose 3 profiles of children, my goal is to compare the impact of technology in the world of children. I think today the children are the main people concerned by technology.
See the 3 profiles to answer questions !!!!

Itunes U : Technology integration edutopia à podcast about TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION, edutopia, The George Lucas Educational Foundation 

See the videos about: 

-          -  Digital youth portrait : SAM (7.53)
-          -  Digital youth portrait : Dylan (6.43)
-          -  Digital youth portrait :  Olivia (7.26)


Profile of SAM : 



      1. Digital media is her third life ? 
    

         Yes        No   because Digital media is her second life.

 2.  How many times spends on the computer when she hasn't school ?

        2 hours          12 hours      10 hours  

3. Give me two things that Sam makes on the net : 

       My space; Listening music; World of Warcraft 

4. (0.40) What is the typical day of Sam ? 

       She wakes up at 6'30, she checks a message, dresses, goes at school. 

 5. Sam buys the books on her I pad ?

         Yes               No  

6. How SMS (Short Message Service), Sam has on her phone ? and give me the percent.

           114 messages and 99 percent 


Profile of Dylan : 


7. When Dylan was really young, what he used on the computer ? 

Dylan used educational tools to help him learns his phonics and alphabet

8. What is the name of the project ? 


Sentenced for life       Sentence your life          Sentenced for live

9. (2.15) complete : 

We were working on website, trying to get more people aware ........... 

about animal cruelty and how it could be possible to stop it


10. We used online... 

Forums, Chats, Conferences     Forums and Chats     Chat and Conferences


11. Dylan collaborated with other children, where live these children ? 


Argentina, India, Japan


12. Dylan likes to use WebX ? 

Yes            No


13. (5.32) Dylan says : 

For fun, I ......... and I ......... where you can .......... with other people in a ..............


Go online; play video games; collaborate; completely different location 


Profile of Olivia : 


14. Olivia is different from Sam and Dylan, why ? 


because she has'nt a computer at home.


15. Olivia says : 

I don't have .........., I don't always have........, but technology is ..........


a computer; a cell phone; like my lifeline


16. Give me two places where Olivia goes to have access for computer : 


at school; downstairs in my building; friend's house


17. With her phone, Olivia uses : 


Facebook          My Space          Twitter 

18. How many songs has she on her I pod ? 

384 songs          284 songs          184 songs 


19. What kind of music she listens ? 


mixed oldies; R&B; Reggae tone; Rap 

20. And you, how many times spend on your computer ? What do you do on the computer ?  

I spend lots of time on the computer when I am in holidays. I spend 6 hours on the computer each day. 
With the computer, I go on the net, I send e-mail, I spend time on Facebook to speak with my friend. 



 






2 comments:

  1. As to me, I don't spend much time on the computer. I use it to work, so it takes time, but I've erased my count of Facebook because it took too much time and I think there are things more interesting than the virtual ones. But I absolutely respect people who love that :)
    I like going on the Internet, but I try not to spend too much time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is very interesting to see what children make on the computer ! we can understand that today the technology of the Internet is an important thing for the children. They use Internet to work and also to have fun time.

    ReplyDelete